A city,that fosters growth and produces knowledge.
As a well-established science hub, Dresden
counts among one of the most advanced hightech
regions in Europe. Research, science, new
technologies, and the telecommunications
industry are some of the sectors maintaining
a strong presence here, making Dresden a
place with a bright outlook.
Its excellent economic perspective attracts
plenty of young talent. The city is growing.
And in terms of economic clout, Dresden
has emerged as the strongest metro region in
East Germany. The region clearly maintains
its growth trajectory.
DRESDEN – FACTS & FIGURES
- POPULATION AS OF 30/06/2015542.155
- NUMBER OF HOUSEHOLDS IN 2014290.953
- AGE AVERAGE43
- DEMOGRAPHIC GROWTH (5 YEAR)3,6 %
- GAINFULLY EMPLOYED PERSONS IN 2014243.660
- GDP PER CAPITA IN 201428.694
- Dresden University of Technology is one of Germany‘s
eleven “universities of excellence”
- Dresden is home to 45 research facilities
- Half of all European-made computer chips are
produced in Dresden
- All of Germany‘s four major research organisations
maintain institutes in Dresden